Friday, April 10, 2009

Boticelli Art Bead Finished


So I soldered the art bead together and I must admit...I really love it! This piece is really special so far. The floating flowers are a perfect match :)


Now 100% lead free solder has posed a problem for me in the past. It doesnt take on copper patina well! And I LOVE the look of the copper patina. So its time to turn lemons into lemonade!!! Since I am such a lover of antiquity I give the soldered seams a look of aged copper!


I use three acylic paints to achieve the effect. A dark green/teal, a light green/teal, and a copper color. The finished product gives the look of aged metal and I like it better this way! I seal the seams with clear nail polish so there is no clothing color transfer :)

Interested in entering a piece? Do it!!!! Click here to visit the Art Bead Scene :)



1 comment:

ClassyChassy said...

Looks great! Very unique!