Friday, February 13, 2009

A touch of old, A touch of new


I picked up these vintage pins several months ago...and I finally feel the urge to create something with them. Maybe something for Valentine's Day? I know its tomorrow and I have made several pieces for it already... but there's always room for more! Plus some lucky guy who waits till the last minute can pick this up on Saturday! ;)


I especially the love the red rose ones...I'm starting with those. I decided that the dark red looked amazing with peacock freshwater pearls... add just a touch of red Swarovski crystals...

As you can see I left the pin off center, almost like a brooch, (which it was).


So there you have it the perfect necklace for you or a sweet special friend on Valentine's Day... or any day of the year! If you're looking for it on my website you can find it here. Its under my Aphrodite Collection - the Goddess of Love of course! I've also included the popular myth of Aphrodite and Adonis. Do you know why Roses are Red on Valentine's Day? If not you better find out before tomorrow :) Note: In person those crystals really sparkle!
Have a great Friday everyone!

4 comments:

Adriana said...

I love the blog Steph! That jewelry is beautiful. I wore the jewelry that you and Same gave me on the honeymoon, it looked great. I am giving Seth a strong suggestion that my next present should be a Stephanie creation! Have a great Valentines Day.

Carolina Gonzalez said...

Hi Stephanie!
Thank you so much for the lovely comment you left at the blog - you have only two posts but that rose necklace has made me an instant follower! It really is superb! Elegant, bold yet classical... and I love the colour combo. I can see we're kindred spirits, and I'm very glad that you found me :).

The Rustic Victorian said...

How lovely!!! Speaking of lovely,,this blog!!! Well done I love the banner and background.

Yolanda Gurule said...

Love your playlist. Thanks I'm so glad you like my handbags. It really made my day....Your never going to believe this. I was going through my mothers old jewelry she had given me to re-purpose and I found that exact same rose pin. How cool huh.... She said she's had it for decades!